A mixtape for multiple sclerosis

A mixtape for multiple sclerosis

Thursday 4 April 2019

Sweet dreams (are made of this)

Alright, alright, alright, I admit it. I've ovedone things again.

I appear to be absolutely incapable of learning from the past 15 years and have therefore pushed and pushed and pushed until I find myself in quite a bit of pain and with failing speech.

I find it very, very hard to accept that I need to stop. It's a combination of 'oh, I'll be fine' + 'well, I could do it before so why can't I now' + 'denial, denial, denial.'

But when I spent the past week in all-over body pain and finding it increasingly difficult to string a coherent sentence together, I have realised it is time to stop.

It's been a busy year to date - I started the year panicking about my freelancing work coming to an end, worrying about trying to re-enter the job hunt.

So I volunteered with our local MS Society to look after their communications, which has turned out to be a lovely (but busy) thing.

Then an offer of consultancy work came my way, which is also a lovely (but busy) thing.

Added to the usual day-to-day life of cooking, washing, school-admin, family fun, medical appointments, friend-supporting, keeping-on-top-of-Brexit-horror - it's all added up to a bit of a crash.

So I'm stopping. For a while at least. Even if that stopping only amounts to sitting down for a bit in comfy clothing, having a cup of tea and switching off the news for a day.


:: Sweet dreams (are made of this) by Eurythmics
  


No comments:

Post a Comment