A mixtape for multiple sclerosis

A mixtape for multiple sclerosis

Friday 2 April 2021

Coming around again

Had the Covid jab.

Felt mildly hungover for a day, tired the next then BAM!! full-on side effects which felt suspiciously like a relapse for five full days.

If there's anything people with MS don't need, it's a reminder of just how shit a relapse feels when they are simply taking something that is meant to be helping.

Crushing fatigue, completely off-balance, pain flare. And bloody MS hug which has never really buggered off, but came back with avengence.

I was forced to give in and take time off work.

Reported my reaction to my MS team. They'd had similar feedback from a few patients. Others had been fine - would be fascinated to see if there are any patterns to this.

But in the meantime, it was back to the well-practised relapse protocol of bed, limited movement and Radio 4 Extra to see me through the days.

Obviously not looking forward to my second jab, but, equally obviously, will be having it.

At least I had my two fuzzy nursemaids watching over me.



Coming around again by Carly Simon



No comments:

Post a Comment