A mixtape for multiple sclerosis

A mixtape for multiple sclerosis

Sunday 24 July 2022

Helter Skelter

Today has been the first day I have genuinely stopped and taken some time out since my last post.

This is mainly because the current pace and volume of work has been completely relentless.

What started as a three-day a week role has gradually inched and inched until last week it became six days, averaging 10 hours a day.

A lot of the time I hear my MS Nurse's voice in my head chiding me for over-doing things.

I also hear my manager telling me to stop putting other people first.

But how to do this when there's so much to get on top of?

And how to get it all done when everything takes so much bloody longer because you have to fight your own body every day.

At the moment, it feels like my working life is being spent in a genuine helter skelter of haste, confusion and disorder. 

And while I have so far managed to cling on while hurling at top speed, I'm not sure how much longer I can stay on the ride.

:: Helter Skelter by The Beatles


No comments:

Post a Comment