A mixtape for multiple sclerosis

A mixtape for multiple sclerosis

Friday 9 December 2016

Nothing but love

We went to a gig this week!

It deserves the exclamation mark because it’s a rare occurrence these days.

I used to go to quite a few during my university years, and when I worked on the paper we used to be sent free tickets so we could write reviews.
This resulted in some quite unexpected evenings out watching bands that you wouldn’t even pull out of Woollies bargain bin.

My friends are also all frighteningly musical and write and play their own stuff so I’m surrounded by talented people – both amazing and depressing for the tune-free lump that I am.

This week’s gig was with James (the band, not the Bond) and hubby and I went with friends and had a perfectly lovely time.

James were as good as ever and the whole thing was massively, massively uplifting.
The audience was mainly made up of people older than us (always a joy when you hit your 40s) who looked like they were having the time of their lives.

There really is nothing better than looking around at a gig and seeing the entire audience arms aloft, faces smiling, singing as one.

In the emotional armoury of life, music is an extraordinarily powerful weapon.

No comments:

Post a Comment