A mixtape for multiple sclerosis

A mixtape for multiple sclerosis

Wednesday 15 August 2018

Wide open space

I'm mulling over some big decisions at the moment - and feeling a bit overwhelmed as a result.

I've needed a bit of clear space to try and work things through away from work commitments and household tasks - and unexpectedly, I think I may have found it.

I'd never paid much heed to my parent's desire to get out into the garden or put much stock by their claims of how beneficial it can be.

To me, the garden is a mysterious and threatening realm, a plant-filled battlefield which leaves me feeling so useless that I am likely to give up on it before I even start.

I'm not, at the risk of understatement, a natural gardener, I'm a hack-random-things-back-and-hope-for-the-best-er.
In fact I've been tempted on more than one occasion to apply a scorched earth policy to our back garden/rain forest.

But this week I've been out there. Pulling things up, digging things over the generally preparing the ground.

I've found the concentration on the physical helpful - it's helped clear my mind a little and given me something small and productive to focus on.

I can only hope the outdoor space is giving my internal dilemmas room to breathe.

:: Wide open space by Mansun

No comments:

Post a Comment