A mixtape for multiple sclerosis

A mixtape for multiple sclerosis

Wednesday 15 January 2020

Unhappy birthday

I hit 16 years with MS on Sunday.
An inauspicious occasion I'm sure you'll agree.

But to mark the passing of MS-filled 16 years I've gathered 6 things I've learned while living them.

(Strictly speaking I suppose it should be 16 things, but I'm relapsing so have cut myself some slack.)

Here goes:
- it gets harder
- you get stronger
- try not to dwell on the past
- learn to accept help
- embrace dark humour
- keep upping your eyepatch game



:: Unhappy birthday by The Smiths




2 comments:

  1. Yep I agree with all of the above. My wife Heather and I have never laughed so much as we do now! MS is amusing my food goes everywhere I spill my drinks and my wife clears up after me. Not to bad sometimes but when it requires a full change of clothes involving hoisting outta the wheelchair I often wonder why we laugh. MS brings the worst out in my humour but sometimes I hit a are nerve with Her! Just keep on trucking and remember to smile, it confuses those around you!����♿

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're absolutely right Don, humour is so important - even if some days are harder to find the funny in than others 😊
    Take care of yourself - and Heather, hope you have many more chuckles together.

    ReplyDelete