A mixtape for multiple sclerosis

A mixtape for multiple sclerosis

Thursday 24 June 2021

We are all made of stars

A good few years ago, I went to a fatigue management course for my MS.

I didn't come away with any great insights, but I did come away with a new friend.

We continued to meet up after the course ended, and shared the frustrations of MS, the ups and downs in our lives and quite a lot of tea and cake.

This week I learned that she had suddenly died. She was just 45.

While she had MS, she had also been later diagnosed with epilepsy. As if one of those things wasn't enough to cope with.

And it was a large seizure that took her. 

The only thing I can hope is that it was quick and she is now somewhere at peace. Surrounded by her family and the cats, cakes and flowers that she had loved.



:: We are all made of stars by Moby


No comments:

Post a Comment