A mixtape for multiple sclerosis

A mixtape for multiple sclerosis

Wednesday 15 November 2017

Possessed

So, this is unusual.

I've had a real run of energy and optimism over the past few weeks and have been able to function reasonably well at both work and home.

It's a bit odd. I'm pretty sure it's not caffeine-fulled (although with the amount of buckets of tea I get through in a day it should be) nor is it because I've suddenly cracked the puzzle of how to get that magical, elusive, sleep that actually refreshes rather than the usual type that doesn't particularly make a difference.

I don't know the reason and I almost feel I shouldn't analyse it too much incase I spoil it.

Quite a lot of my years with MS have involved tracking and tracing and questioning and planning. Calculating the balance, looking for answers and chasing the theories.

Quite a lot of my years pre-MS involved the same, just for different reasons.
It's become second nature, I think it's just part of who I am.

But this time, I'm trying really hard to purely accept and enjoy and appreciate.

It's honestly not easy for me, but just for the moment, I'm trying to shut my racing brain up and simply be grateful.

:: Possessed by Vegas

No comments:

Post a Comment