A mixtape for multiple sclerosis

A mixtape for multiple sclerosis

Wednesday 23 January 2019

The times they are a-changin'

May you live in interesting times, goes the curse, and I do feel in the midst of a particularly fascinating one.

On a national scale, whatever side of the Brexit divide you are on, I think we can all agree the situation we are currently in is nothing short of a warning-to-history tragicomedy.

On a personal level, my recent freelancing work has come to an end, leaving me facing the prospect of a job search - not something I am relishing.

It's all change - and not necessarily ones I would have chosen.

So to stop me fretting and feeling completely useless, I have volunteered to help with our local branch of the MS Society.

Really I should have done this ages ago because apart from one charity collection outside a local supermarket, I have done nothing practical to help.

But after a committee meeting yesterday and the filing of paperwork, I am now a fully fledged volunteer.

I really hope I'm of some use to the group. And, if I'm honest, I hope that doing the role they need will be useful to me - to help give me a purpose while I'm not working.

Perhaps this change will do me good.



:: The times they are a-changin' by Bob Dylan


No comments:

Post a Comment