A mixtape for multiple sclerosis

A mixtape for multiple sclerosis

Wednesday 12 June 2019

A little time

Well-meaning friend: Feeling any better?

Me: Thanks for asking but no, no I'm not. And it'll be a while before I am.

Well-meaning friend: Oh right, another week or so?

Me: Erm, unfortunately no, it'll be more like another few months.

Well-meaning friend: Oh right. It's just that it's been about a month already. You must feel slightly better.

Me: No. Sorry. (Why am I apologising?)

Well-meaning friend: So you still can't feel your fingers?

Me: No.

Well-meaning friend: Stomach?

Me: No.

Well-meaning friend: Legs?

Me: No.

Well-meaning friend: Oh. Wow. That's pretty unbelievable.

Me: No.

Well-meaning friend: But you don't look any different. I thought I might be able to see something.

Me: Nope. Just me.

Well-meaning friend: Wow. What can I do?

Me: Nothing really, but thanks very much for asking.

Well-meaning friend: Okay, if you're sure. Let me know though.

Me: I will, thanks very much.

Well-meaning friend: No probs. I'll text you in a couple of days, see if you're feeling any better.

Me:





:: A little time by The Beautiful South

No comments:

Post a Comment