A mixtape for multiple sclerosis

A mixtape for multiple sclerosis

Wednesday 19 June 2019

Warm wet circles

Ick. Ick. Icky. Ick.

So, the sensory relapse continues and in an exciting change (deterioration) from last week has decided to throw a new sensation into the mix.

Honestly, MS, too kind.

Anyway, this is a new - and unwelcome - one on me - I now feel as if I'm wearing damp clothes. ALL THE TIME.

Good Lord, it's unpleasant.

I know I'm not actually wearing damp clothes, despite the End of Days style deluges we've been getting.

I know this because my daughter keeps checking for me. What with that and the prodding duty she's on to see what feeling has returned (none, thus far) and the hugging to try and over-rule the MS hug (sometimes works), it's been a particularly weird mother-daughter bonding relapse.

What amazes me is the amount of peculiar sensations that our bodies can produce. Who knew we were capable of burning or buzzing or sensing the soggy?

Presumably we could all experience these oddities - it just takes a breezeblock to the central nervous system to release them.

I'm all for expanding my emotional horizons, but there are some feelings that I can live without.




:: Warm wet circles by Marillion


No comments:

Post a Comment