A mixtape for multiple sclerosis

A mixtape for multiple sclerosis

Wednesday 26 June 2019

Red right hand

Ruddy relapse continueth and for the past couple of weeks my hands have been quite badly affected.

This has happened before and I am hoping against hope that the pathways aren't too damaged to repair to a decent degree.

My hands are both somehow numb AND - when they brush against something (anything) - feel like they are covered in sand.

They are massively uncomfortable - but even more depressing is that the dexterity has gone and they no longer feel under my full control.

I struggle to write, type (thank goodness for autocorrect), cut things, undo things, grab things and hold onto things.

And I don't like it. I don't like it one bit.

Stuff that's hard to do with MS hands:
  • type without fcuk-ups
  • apply eyeliner successfully
  • deal with laces, zips, buttons, hooks
  • negotiate tampons without causing a Kill Bill-style bloodbath
  • stroke my daughter's hair while she sleeps



Find exercises to help arms and hands from the MS Trust.


:: Red right hand by Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds

No comments:

Post a Comment